Join this private tour of the Warriors Museum and embark on an exciting journey back in time to see Xian’s ancient past. Enjoy discovering its rich history and numerous millennia-old artifacts. Be up-close the ancient Terracotta Army and explore a traditional cave dwelling which is still being used up to today. Of course, not to be missed too are the Han Dynasty’s remnants at the Hanyangling Museum.
What to expect ?
Discover Chinese archaeological treasures.
- The tour starts in the morning in order to be able to do a lot for the day. Start the excursion by meeting your private guide at 9 o’clock in the morning at your hotel and then head out together to the Terracotta Warriors Museum aboard an air-conditioned vehicle. Upon arriving, have the chance to go into the three excavated pits wherein you can see thousands of earthenware soldiers and horses that comprise the Terracotta Army. Learn about its history which says that these were buried alongside the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang, in the third century BC. Regarded as one of the Eight Wonders of the World, each of these sculptures has unique features.
- From here, proceed to your next stop which is a traditional and ancient cave-dwelling that is one of the best-preserved of its kind in the area. Communicate with the modern farmers that live here and learn about their local customs.
- Head next to a local restaurant to enjoy a bountiful lunch at your own expense and then continue to the underground Hanyangling Museum where Emperor Jingdi and his wife, Empress Wangzhi, are buried. Learn about their rule in China during the second century BC. Then, take a look at the miniature terracotta figures which are very impressive before heading back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off service
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance fee for sites listed in itinerary
- Gratuities to guide and driver
Where to meet ?
We will provide you meeting location after reservation is confirmed.
- Our English-speaking guide will reconfirm with you prior to the departure date.
- Operates in all weather conditions please dress appropriately.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- A maximum of 8 people per booking.
- Transport by private vehicle (standard vehicles: 1-2 people: sedan car; 3-5 people: 7-seat business van; 6 -8 people: 14 seat van).
- An extra charge of 46 USD is required if you travel during Spring Festival (Feb. 4 - 10) and National holidays (Oct. 1-7) in 2019.