Langtang Helambu Region Trekking lies north of Kathmandu and bestows a multitude of trekking destinations that are all accessible without flights. The three key areas of this region are Langtang, Gosainkund, and Helambu; which can be united in a variety of ways to make from 7 to 16 days’ trek. Langtang Valley is also known as a narrow valley that lays just southern part of the Tibet border.
It is sandwiched between the ranges of mountains that vary from tall one in the north and a rather lower range of snowy peaks to the south. Langtang Lirung (7246 m) dominates the valley to the north, Gang Chenpo (6388 m) and Naya Khang-Ri (5846 m) lies to the south and Dorje Lakpa (6966 m) protects the east end of the valley. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims visit holy Gosaikunda Lakes (4300 m) during a full moon festival in August.
Also, trekking during this stunning vale can support the individuals of Langtang by providing much-needed financial gain to build in an exceedingly sustainable and secure manner. This is not charity; this is often the business form of sustainable travel, wherever your travel decisions will with all respect support native individuals whereas protective their dignity, their culture, and their way of life.
- Trip Name: Helambu Trek
- Trip Code: HELAMBU-O975ZQ
- Country: Nepal
- Type: Multi-day Tour,Live Guide Tour
- Activities: TREKKING HOLIDAY ,HIKING AND WALKING
- Experiences: Adventure ,Nature
What to expect ?
Gosaikunda lake is beautiful and adventurous. The lake Gosaikunda sits at an altitude of 4360 meters which is surrounded by mountains on all sides. The lake is visited by thousands of devotees during the full moon of May and August. Walking along the Gosaikunda lakes and viewing sunrise and sunset over the mountains from Gosaikunda is a unique and breathtaking moment you will ever have. Adventure Bound Nepal will help you to organize your trip to Langtang Gosainkunda. Join us at Adventure bound Nepal if you want to have an unforgettable Langtang Gosaikunda Trek.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport - (1360m.)
On your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will pick you from the airport and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
If you wish to comprehend Nepal’s historical and cultural values, sightseeing in Kathmandu valley is crucial. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is a popular destination for tourists. This city offers a marvelous combination of mix religion of Hinduism, Buddhism, and some imported culture. Kathmandu carries the cultural and religious legacy that can be found at temples, monuments, and artifacts. Patan and Bhaktapur are neighboring cities that reflect a similar legacy. In the half-day tour, you will be guided to Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath stupa. Pashupatinath is a Hindu Shrine where people worship Lord Shiva whereas Boudhanath is the biggest stupa of Nepal. And for the rest of the day, we will prepare for the trek. You can buy your missing equipment for your trek.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisopani (2300m/7544 ft): Walking Distance 4 hours
After breakfast, we will drive for an hour from Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1350m). The Graveled road turns into a pursuit near a small hydroelectric plant. We will begin our trek from Sundarijal as the track constantly climbs from beginning to end to a trough the forest, medieval-looking tank, dam, and waterworks. Crossing the dam and the path leaves the water supply system and rises sharply to a road to the top of the Shivapuri ridge and wildlife reserve. We will hike through the inhabitants of the Tamang community. The path then continues with a tumbledown in the forest of shrubs and oaks and past the Borlang Bhanjyang that goes downhill to Chisopani (2140m).
Overnight in Chisopani.
Day 04: Chisopani to Kutung Sang (2440m/ 8005 ft)
After early morning breakfast with mountains (Everest & Annapurna), we will continue to drop from Chisopani on good level crossing meadows and fields. There are stunning mountain views as you leave the track and drop down into the valley. We will pass through the Brahmin and Sherpa villages of Shakuni Bhanjyang. From John Danda ridge (2470m), we’ll have a good view of the peaks. We will then continue along the forested ridge and descend to a large Chorten overlooking the Tamang village of Kutung Sang.
Overnight in Katung Sang.
Day 05: Kutung Sang to Tharepati (3597m/11801ft): Walking Distance 6 hours
After breakfast, we will hike from Gul Bhanjyang to another pass at 2620m. The path steady rises through the prickly-leaved oak forest with glorious views of the mountains and therefore the Helambu vale. The trek takes north up the Yurin Danda ridge and affords views of the peaks on top of Langtang and also the Gosaikunda peaks. The path descends to Magen Goth and continues to climb steeply at first, and then more gradually, the makes some ups and downs. A steep path rises on top of the village with the view of a prayer flag on a mind-sweeping peak, offering a perfect panorama of the Langtang Himalaya. We will have wonderful close-up views of Gosaikunda and encompassing high mountains from Therapati.
Overnight in Therapati
Day 06: Tharepati to Tarke Gyang (2590m/8497 ft): Walking Distance 5-6 hours
The path passes across pine and rhododendron forests rich in birdlife along with the excellent views down into the Helambu valley. The elevation gives you a marvelous view of the Jugal Himal and Solu Khumbu. After crossing the bridge, the trail climbs steeply up to the sprawling valley of Nakota (1980m). We can a find Sherpa village i.e Tarke Gyang (Jhyang means monastery) where there are most prominent monasteries. Narrow made-up lanes and tightly packed homes here resemble the high altitude villages of Mustang and Dolpo that are value viewing. Tarkeghyang boasts an eighteenth-century Gompa with a substantial brass prayer.
Overnight in Tarke Gyang.
Day 07: Tarke Gyang to Sermathang (2610m/8563ft): walking distance 5-6 hours
Today’s trial is rather easy from beginning to end i.e the land is flat with beautiful forests. The path leads us to the cross small forest with the scrutiny of the charming village of Helambu region. Sermathang is another pretty Sherpa village where you'll visit several ancient monasteries and enjoy the view of Jugal Himal. On a bright day, the villages provide good views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gosaikunda, Rolwaling and even Mt. Everest also in the distance.
Overnight in Sermathang.
Day 08: - Sermathang to Melamchi Bazar (828m/2716ft) and drive to Kathmandu: walking distance 4-5 hours and 3-4 hours’ drive
Today’s trails steadily descend all the way to Melamchi Pul Bazar through meadows and cultivated fields. On the way, you will encounter many old villages. With the spectacular Mountain View, we will interact with local and friendly people. From here, take a drive of around 3-4 hrs to the Kathmandu valley.
Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 09: - Departure.
- Private transfer Airport-Hotel-Airport,
- Guided City Tour in Kathmandu by a Private Vehicle
- Kathmandu & accommodations (Bed & Breakfast Basis),
- Kathmandu - Sundarijal – Melamchi Pul Bazar - Kathmandu (Yourself & staffs)
- Langtang National Park Entry Permit
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- TIMS permit (Trekker's info Management System),
- Teahouse-Lodge accommodation throughout the trek
- Three meals on a daily basis whereas on the trek: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Experienced communicatory government license holder mountain trekking guide,
- Experienced mountain trekking porter,
- All program per itineraries on full board as per itinerary,
- Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and different facilities to employees throughout the trek,
- Farewell dinner at typical Nepali cultural Café/restaurant,
- Rescue arrangements
- Local and government TAX-VAT etc.
- Meals (Lunch & Dinner) whereas in Kathmandu,
- Your travel/trekking insurance
- International fare
- Tips for trekking employees and driver (Tipping is expected)
- All types of alcoholic & soft drinks
- Personal shopping, laundry, trekking instrumentation, etc.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee,
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, unwellness that aren't beneath our management,
- Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu In- case of Early Arrival, Late Departure or Early Return from Trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary,
- Any different expenses that aren't mentioned in "Trip Includes" section etc.
- Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx USD26 per person)
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our company representative will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport, and you will commence the trek from the hotel. If you want, you can cancel the hotel pick up facility and travel by yourself.
- The departure schedule can be changed on any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
- We have got other additional programs like Mt. Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock.